[Land-speed] OFF Topic: 1991 Ford F150 .0L Engine Compartment

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Sat Jul 25 08:30:14 MDT 2009

Folks, I am trying to help an old guy get his truck running. He blew up
the oem motor and obtained a replacement. But a lot of time elapsed
between old and new. The man who removed the motor left, a newer guy got
it part way back in and  now a different mechanic is tring to get it
going. It runs very very badly.  I am helping by remote control, lol. We
have eliminated the roller cammed HO version of a small block ford as
being the culprit. But we are having difficulty assuring that the
distributor is in the way it is supposed to be. If any of you have a
1991 Ford F150 with a 5.0L engine and can send me a photo of the
distributor as installed I would appreciate it very much. A couple
(more?) cold ones could be made available in my pit... Photo is needed
asap... as in now, lol... But don' send me one of anything except a '91
please...

Send to drmayf at mayfco.com

I have searched google images, none of my ford books show anything, and
not even one on ebay with the hood up...

help!