[Land-speed] Cold start valve question

Skip Higginbotham saltrat at pahrump.com
Thu Jul 23 17:32:58 MDT 2009

Greg,
I use a primer system not unlike that used on P-51 airplanes.....I
use an electric pump that pumps around the mechanical FI pump on the
liner. It takes fuel from the inlet side of the pump and pumps it
into the outlet side of the pump. It thereby fills the system and
provides fuel to start the engine. Works fine. (It won't sneeze if
the throttle remains closed........)

I have a reverse flow check valve and a normally "off" solenoid valve
wired into the electric pump circuit so that fuel can't be pumped
back into the pump inlet after the engine lights.

Questions?

Good luck,
Skip