[Land-speed] Brit Steam Car Efforts

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon Jul 20 08:05:45 MDT 2009

I see in a news release that the Brits will attempt to break the steam
record of 127 mph soon, maybe even today. But the news release claims
that it will be a *world* record. So is the FIA involved or not? Is it
going to make a pair of runs in opposite directions within one hour or
not?  Is it going to be a SCTA record? If so, how is that done?  A
certificate of speed?  I hope it is not a SCTA record because it is not
an event open to competitors.  If the old record was set on the salt
then that is where any SCTA record breaking that speed should be done.