[Land-speed] Speed Week Pre-entries

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Fri Jul 17 10:07:20 MDT 2009

S much for the economy as a factor, lol. And even with the outrageously
high room rates at the big three....   And yes, all of those cars will
be in front of me!  If the salt cooperates, however, I will be spending
some time over on the short or third course if it happens. I want to
make a couple of runs to see what the new spoiler is gonna do coupled
with the added weight for traction, etc. And how the new fender wells
and pointy things that replaced the headlight rims are going to work.
And of course, my new supersecret power adders. They can be seen for the
first time in inspection....

I plan at least two runs on the short course (#3) to check spoiler
angle, and water injection on and off and parachute operation behind the
spoiler. And if I can get the small camera working some vids of it
working.  And good engine data... last year was wasted motion for me due
to driver/mechanic/computer tech operations. Yeah, me, I screwed up....
hard to believe, but there it is...

mayf