[Land-speed] Steam Car Challenge

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Fri Jul 10 08:26:35 MDT 2009

On Jul 10, 2009, at 10:16 AM, <speedtimer at beyondbb.com> <speedtimer at beyondbb.com
 > wrote:

Mayf, they are not running for a SCTA record. SCTA is not timing the
steam car. They are going after the FIA record and have plans to run
at speed week for the BNI record.That will be done under the SCTA/BNI
sanction. That's why the car was inspected to safety standards so it
can run. As far as I know chronologic is doing the timing just as They
were contracted for Jesse James at El Mirage.
Glen

All:

I didn't see any of the literature in discussion, but perhaps - just
perhaps, for the sake of this discussion -- Glen is right -- that
they're planning on running at an SCTA/BNI sanctioned meet.  And also
let's allow that perhaps they're making their attempt by adhering to
BNI/SCTA requirements across the board.  That way they could correctly
state that they're "FOLLOWING" SCTA/BNI rules and requirements and
procedures, such as using Chronologic for timing (yes, maybe the very
same instruments as are used by the Rice Bros. at SpeedWeek and WF).

Until I read the article I can only guess -- but I'll give them the
benefit of the doubt for now.  I don't want another firestorm of Jesse-
bashing.

       Jon Wennerberg
Tall guy with moustache
and a pair of 2 Club hats