[Land-speed] ratchet wrenches

Benn karhu at california.com
Thu Jan 29 11:42:58 MST 2009

Looking to get a set of ratchet box-end wrenches.  It would seem that besides
a fine-tooth ratchet, one would want the smallest possible head diameter (the
thinnest I've seen are about 3/16" total wall thickness including the moving
socket and stationary outer wall).  Some of the cheaper sheetmetal-sandwich
types have horrendously large heads.  I also want units that are reversible,
so that they can have the fixed angled offset.  I'm not hot on flex-head
types, which always seem to move when you don't want them to.  And just to
make it tougher, I probably can't rationalize a $100+ Snap-On set.
Recommendations?
Benn