[Land-speed] Piston Problem

Elon saltfever at comcast.net
Sat Jan 24 16:42:40 MST 2009

Is the bare area under the exhaust valve?  If so, it may be clean because
the carbon is burned off that area. I agree with Skip that 15psi is not too
much if fuel and advance are appropriate.  A suggestion would be to start a
thread on Landracing.com so you could post magnified pics of  CLEAN plugs
after a WOT pull. Also, installing and O2 sensor and data record would be
helpful. -Elon

From: "Scott Cowle"

(snip . . . ) The half of the piston closest to the sparkplug has what I
would call a normal amount of carbon on it but the half furthest from the
plug has none. It does not matter how much fuel I give the motor the results
are the same. This suggests to me that the flame is getting snuffed out as
it goes across the piston .