[Land-speed] Book on Weather

Joe Timney joetimney at dol.net
Thu Jan 15 11:54:43 MST 2009

Patrick Hale (www.dragracingpro.com <http://www.dragracingpro.com>) has
a new book out on weather. John Beckett and I used Patrich's
BonnevillePro program with great success from '99 thru 2001 so I bought
the book before Christmas. As far as I'm concerned, Patrick has another
winner. He covers all aspects of weather, with great definitions.
Included is a good comparison on Barometers, more of what to stay away
from. The book is written on drag racing but weather is, well, just
weather!!! Definitely for the techno-geek!!!

When it comes to weather, I really like my Kestral 4000 Weather Station.
I own about $800 worth the weather instruments from my drag racing days
but the little box gives me more info, a lot easier and has a running
one month memory. Kestral has a new model, the 4250, which includes
Grams of Water.

Hope this helps,
joe