[Land-speed] Hydraulic Hybrids

Elon saltfever at comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 18:21:00 MST 2009

The problem with recall from memory is that it's memory!
I stand corrected, the F1 system is called Kinetic Energy Recovery System
(KERS) and its ". . . use is limited to 60Kw, operated for about 6.5 seconds
per lap, under the drivers control". (Race car Engineering 11/08, pg. 38).
I'm not aware of bearing technology. There has been some talk about the
effect of flywheels on the cars handling.  -Elon

-----Original Message-----That's ultracentrifuge territory.  I wonder what
kind of bearing support systems they are using......Ed