[Land-speed] Now that the Rule Changes Have Spawned Questions..

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Wed Dec 23 11:50:17 MST 2009

Just a couple from  me in anticipation of August or Sept.   I know that
inertia fuel cut off switches are required this year, but, will
demonstration that they work be required?  Not difficult to do, but I
have to remove a couple of small bolts to do it (and it does work, lol).
Next is the mandatory requirement for some sort of tested and approved
hans device in all cars next year - will bail out be required to
demonstrate that the design and  use of what ever is used in a car car
will allow emergency egress or prevent it?  I know there are folk who
will say no, but. for sure it seems like it might impede driver exit in
some cars. And if one car then all cars?  Just planning ahead...