[Land-speed] The Steam Boys

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Sun Aug 30 12:01:29 MDT 2009

 You get to pick the day time and conditions for the down run. It would be
very complicated to quanitfy the surface conditions as they do different
things to different vehicles. A blown streamliner might like this air and
high density altitude while a NA roadster not so how do you make that fair?
The blower brings it's own density altitude and the thinner air cuts aero
load.. I say let the NHRA weenies do all that and the show will go on along
with the Nascar 3 ring circus. I am willing to bet if you tell the starter
you would like to pull over and let others go by until weather suited you
better and pull back in with due warning there would be no problem at all. I
do like the idea of the one hour turn around as I have never been a fan of
the dawn mission to do return runs on unknown surface or weather at all.
With the one hour you have a real good idea of what you are getting into and
if the car bike or driver is up to the task..
Dave