[Land-speed] British steam car

Bryan Savage b.a.savage at wildblue.net
Sun Aug 2 17:24:16 MDT 2009

I saw pictures of a small assembly line oven that used 3 shallow boxes.
Each one
was two parts. A fuel - air mixer and a flat burner. The mixer fed a
chamber,
about 1' X 3' X6" that had a fine screen on the inside. The flame appeared
thin, less than 1" - maybe 1/4"??  Since the entire top and walls of the
oven
were fire, it didn't require time to heat up. I have no idea what the
temps were.

Remember the three most important parameters when building a Streamliner,
frontal area, frontal area, a tail tapered 7 degrees or less. This
requires a
burner/boiler that will fit in a 36" X 36" X 36'(or less) cylinder, in
my opinion.

I've got lots of spare opinions if someone needs one,
Bryan