[Land-speed] (no subject)

Doug ............. boogiewoogie12 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 09:13:38 MDT 2009

 Hi Tom  reading between the lines,..

it appears that the Burklands have decided
 to (due to $$$ no doubt ) retire from racing LSR?

What a dam shame

understandable,   but a dam shame nevertheless

cheers,   'Dirt Track Doug '

       -105 + miles south of the world famous 'Syracuse
Mile '
       -241.4  miles north of the Williams Grove Speedway pit gate
       -2247  or so miles due east of the marvelous Bonneville Salt
Flats

> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:58:08 -0700
> From: saltracer at awwwsome.com
> To: land-speed at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Land-speed] (no subject)
>
> Betty, Gene and Tom,
>
> It has been great to know you for so long. Even butted heads with Betty for
> a few years and always feared her possibilities in the Datsun.
>
> Why is it that those who accomplish great things are basically ignored by
> the Hollywood types? Pockets just aren't deep enough, I guess.

> For the most part, we as a group, are humble people that goes about our
> passion, take the bumps and setbacks, and keep fighting on toward our goal.
> PR is usually not on our agenda!

The Burkland Streamliner record speed has to be admired...
especially when you look at the road traveled to get there.