[Land-speed] N.A. Eagle in N.Y. Times

Don McMeekin landspeed at columbus.rr.com
Tue Apr 21 22:41:21 MDT 2009

      An interesting story, and being able to root for an underdog,
makes the venture that much more appealing. Most of us are "wheel
driven" guys but we can appreciate the technical aspects and
incredible speeds that the propulsion cars are able to achieve. I've
noticed that the new British effort looks a lot less like a jet
fighter on wheels and more like a conventional LS streamliner. In
fact, without the air inlet over the canopy, it looks a little
(actually, a whole lot) like a pointy nosed Buckeye Bullet.