[Land-speed] Drilling Plexiglass

Rich Fox v4gr at rcn.com
Fri Apr 17 14:15:54 MDT 2009

Skip;   I don't think that the rule is quite that open to interpitation.
"Shatter-resistant" clearly excludes any cast acrylic plastic. Whether it be
Plexiglas or some other manufactures product. I believe the book suggests a
polycarbonate such as GEs Lexan because that's the most common
shatter-resistant plastic. But not the only one. If you have something else
that's better, by all means use it. My 1977 rule book is almost word for
word the same and I have always understood the meaning of the rule. It used
to be odd that motorcycle windscreens could be Plexiglas and cars could not.
I don't know what the motorcycle requirements are now.