[Land-speed] Number of transmission speeds for the LSR motorcycles

atrav atrav at copper.net
Fri Sep 12 14:28:28 MDT 2008

I was pondering today that a LSR motorcycle (let's say small
displacement, under 200mph max) could get away with a two speed
transmission, or even a single speed.
Any thoughts on that?
The way I figure is that my experience drag racing and off roading I've
done horribly long clutch releases where you hold a wet clutch steady
keeping the engine within it's peak power area, and they seem to take
it. Really all I'd want is the clutch to last a couple of runs anyway...
Part of the reason I'm thinking this is I'm looking at a disassembled
transmission and how easy it would be to gear it as a one speed. ;o)
-Aron-