[Land-speed] Hans Device and Safety

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Fri Sep 5 22:53:30 MDT 2008

I've seen a lot of chit chat about the use of a Hans device or similar.
Has that been mandated by the rules committee? we just recently had to
install lateral head restraints which I like just fine, but I am not one
hundred percent sure I want to have to undo anything else in order to
get out of a car.  I know that the cross axis of inertia if it is not
right will certainly take a car in a roll and start it into the endo
game which is what the hans would protect from. So maybe instead of hans
we need more design on the cars to keep them from going in that direction?

But only if it is mandated.

has  that been done? And why? What has changed recently that woudl drive
that decision?

mayf, trundling off to bed with a loak of percoset for the implants...
how am I even typing, lol..