[Land-speed] Spin Procedures

Dick J lsr_man at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 08:31:02 MDT 2008

This is purely out of curiosity, as I never plan on doing this, but has
anybody ever developed a list of recommended spin procedures for Bonneville?
Would those procedures be the same at El Mirage?

Pull the chute or not?
Brakes or not?
Power off?
Steering held straight ahead or into the spin?
Leave in gear or put in neutral?
Etc., Etc.,

I've seen cars spin without pulling the chute.  I've also got a video of one
pulling the chute, then neatly wrapping it around the car like a string on a
giant yo yo.

I know drivers go to impound after a spin, but what questions are asked and
what do they get told?

Dick J
In East Texas