[Land-speed] Quick Release Helmet Restraints

Bryan Savage b.a.savage at wildblue.net
Sat Oct 18 01:41:20 MDT 2008

I disagree Mayf.

You said  "You cannot protect people from dumb things".

In my opinion, good inspector's who are given the power of making judgments
about an individual situation, can protect people from doing dumb
things, 99%
of the time.

The exceptions are extremely creative builders who are so far "out of
the box",
that it would take a team from NASA to thoroughly analyze the design.
That shouldn't be a problem, after all ThrustSSC got insurance and it
was well
outside of "the box".

Look at all the insane crap on TV. They get insurance for that stuff.
Sometimes
the clowns get hurt, but intelligently written insurance will always
protect you
in the US. Not so in some other countries.

Earnhardt got killed driving a car after doctors advised him not too.
Was NASCAR
guilty -- NO.

The way I've heard some talk about the bogey man lawyers, I'm amazed at how
many believe all the crap from the Bar Associations. It sure helps
lawyers like my
cousin get clients......
If you want to sue the Weather Service for making the sun come up too early,
no problem. If you give him a nice retainer, I know a lawyer who would
be happy
to file a suite for you.
England has laws forbidding this crap, as do most other rational
countries. In
England it's called the "Barritry Law".

Now, quit fooling around on the internet and go have some FUN!
Bryan