[Land-speed] A foam question

Doug Odom dlodom at charter.net
Thu Oct 16 08:14:56 MDT 2008

Mayf, There are a couple ways to make one off parts like what you want. One
way is to form the shape you want out of chicken wire. When you get it where
you like you can lay some finer wire mesh like window screen over the
chicken wire. then bondo that to get a nice finish. Remember to make the
bondo pattern slightly smaller than you want the finished part to be because
you are making the inside of the part. Use molding release wax on the bondo
and then lay up the fiberglass over the bondo. When it cures it is easy to
cut/break the wire/bondo out of the backside.