[Land-speed] Politics on the List

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Sun Oct 12 11:27:37 MDT 2008

On Oct 12, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Dick J wrote:

Guys, let's keep politics off the list.  I too have very strong
opinions, and
I figure every rational American should agree with me, but apparently,
about
half of them don't.

We've lost list members over arguments about race cars and LSR rules.
Let's
not lose any more, especially over politics.  Let's talk about cars and
racing!

DickJ

Dick, I agree with you in wanting to keep politics and other very
personal topics off the list.  I've said it a jillion times -- I don't
argue politics or religion, and I never tell a mother her baby is
ugly."  I've avoided lots of strained relationships by sticking to
that rule.

Arguing politics is almost like declaring that Chevy is better than
Ford (or Dodge is better than either).  Let's leave some things to
other lists, forums, and so on.  You're all welcome to any views you
like, of course -- as long as you vote.  I don't particularly care for
whom you vote -- that jerk, or the fine fellow that's running in my
favorite party -- but vote.  Many folks have put their lives on the
line to give me the opportunity to vote, and I'm not snooty enough to
ignore their sacrifice by not voting.  Exercise the Franchise!

       Jon Wennerberg
Tall guy with moustache
and a pair of 2 Club hats