[Land-speed] World of Speed photos

Ray Buck rbuck at xmission.com
Sat Oct 4 19:06:49 MDT 2008

There's one thing in common with all the people (4, now, I think, out
of the 35,000 successful hits over the last 4 days) who are having
trouble.  They're all on Comcast or Cox.  I spent a great deal of
time this morning and again this afternoon verifying my site's
visibility from numerous isps AND from several tech support
centers.  All of them have been able to access it.  Unfortunately,
there are a couple of users on Cox who don't want to take the 20
minutes to get through to the script readers in their support
centers.  I can't say I blame them, but that doesn't mean that the
problem is with my server.

One person suggested that I move my site to a place where it would
only cost me a couple hundred dollars a month to move all the domains
I administer and the thousands of photos I have.  I can't afford that
to please one person who isn't willing to wait for a few minutes to
troubleshoot their own problem, especially because I'm disabled,
retired and on a fixed income.

Please forgive me if I sound irritated.  It's only because I've spent
most of the day trying to resolve this issue for the VERY few who
can't get thru and ALL of whom have the same providers.

My suggestion is this: go to a different computer that isn't served
by Comcast or Cox.  Try to access my site.  You should have no
trouble.  This should be sufficient to narrow down the
problem.  Getting it fixed could be a little more difficult, because
you'll have to get past the script readers to someone who has the
ability to actually DO something.  I got rid of Comcast a LONG time
ago when they started pulling stuff like this on me.

I wish I had better suggestions, but based on experience, evidence
and statistical success rates, I can't offer anything more.  I'm
sorry that you can't see the photos I shoot...because that's why I
shoot them: so that others can see the events on the salt as I see
them through my camera lens.  If I could fix this problem, I
would.  But it's not within my scope of control.

Ray