[Land-speed] Theft Insurance, Response from (sigh) 30 years of experience

BWANA343 at aol.com BWANA343 at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 20:25:40 MST 2008

In a message dated 11/13/2008 9:22:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dmirror3 at yahoo.com writes:

I  suggest that you utilize the replacement option provided to you in your
policy. An insurance policy is a contract issued between two parties, and the
consumer should utilize every option as much as does the insurance company.
There is no fraud in collecting what is legally entitled to  you.
I accepted their pointing out the the wordage in the policy, I can work  with
the replacement option.

Your  statement that the insurance company trusted your detailed list of
items lost  is part of their gamble. When the insurance company received your list
of  items lost, they considered that list a Sworn Statement of Loss, a legal
oath  so to speak, that you owned and lost said items. If fraud was suspected
by the  insurance company, the Statement of Loss would be used as evidence
against  you. I suspect that the list was delivered to you and returned as
requested,  via US Mail. Fraud using the US Mail becomes a Federal Crime.
Actually all the non telephone correspondence has been via Fax, don't know
what my liability is in that medium. I checked and found they already contacted
 some of the vendors I purchased from to verify prices.
As in any other dealing, I only want to know what the rules are when we
start and  don't expect changes at half time with out notice. That was my  point.
Thanks for "coming out", I appreciate your input..This  list IS The Best .
BOBW