[Land-speed] Fw: 2008 BUB photobook is finished

Ellen Wilkinson gary_ellen at msn.com
Mon Nov 10 15:17:23 MST 2008

In an effort to explain my intent ...You have no idea in the last few years
how many times all of us have heard that a certain portion will go to Save the
Salt, and Save the Salt hasn't seen a dime.  While we applaud these endeavors
and wish for this to happen, we are aware that sometimes expenses exceed the
desired income result.  I was passing the info along that the book was
available, my thoughts were that because I was passing this announcement along
I didn't want you to think that I had any more information than had been
provided and that shouldn't be your only reason to purchase this book.  I had
also checked to see if he had set up some sort of discussion with the Save the
Salt Officers and they were not aware of his intent.  Sometimes my fingers are
faster than my brain and I don't explore all the ways a statement can be
taken.  I certainly didn't want you to jump to what would be the most negative
aspect.  My intent then and now is simply to direct you to the
author/photographers web site, if you were at all interested in pictures from
the Bub event.  I hope this helps straighten out my intent.   Ellen Wilkinson
> From: ddahlgren at snet.net> To: gary_ellen at msn.com; land-speed at autox.team.net;
saltrat at pahrump.com> Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Fw: 2008 BUB photobook is
finished> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:54:47 -0500> > Skip in all due respect
again I am assuming that the BUB meet referred to is > the one for 08.. if so
that is such a short time to turn a profit it is > almost silly if a year
after the event a suitable thing to bring to question > in a public forum we
are talking in what amounts to weeks since the event. > For me the whole
message reeked of distrust and possible false promises from > someone that
might have not been there done that and floated a business > venture.. But I
could be wildly wrong so who knows there..> Dave> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Skip Higginbotham" <saltrat at pahrump.com>> To: "Dave Dahlgren"
<ddahlgren at snet.net>; "Ellen Wilkinson" > <gary_ellen at msn.com>; "autox"
<land-speed at autox.team.net>> Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 3:44 PM> Subject:
Re: [Land-speed] Fw: 2008 BUB photobook is finished> > > >> > Boy, I don't see
how you got all that out of Ellen's note......... IMHO.> >> > She said "yet".>