[Land-speed] modified street cars & your old drag strip

Adin, David DavidAdin at mercydurango.org
Tue Nov 4 07:04:11 MST 2008

This is a great idea . . .

There once was a road race circuit (ok, old airport) at Cotati - not
sure if they had drags there or not.

In about 1966 a friend and I drove out to Sear Point (probably 9 miles
from home) to check on the construction - drove the course backwards
(kids, what do they know) and I've heard they even put in a drag strip.

I grew up a "tea bagger" - sports cars were the only thing.  Every month
I would wait for Road & Track magazine and cheer the Cobras onward.  The
LSR defliction is only about 5 years old.

David in Durango