[Land-speed] modified street cars & your old drag strip

Mike Lackey mike_lackey at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 18:52:32 MST 2008

I'm a bit younger [OK, a LOT younger :) ] than most of you, so my hometown
track in Palmer, Alaska is still alive and kicking.  However, it originally
opened in '64 as Thunder Valley Raceway, so it was operating when many of you
first started racing.  It was Polar Raceway when I first raced there.  It's
one of the most scenic tracks you'll ever see if you get a chance to visit;
the track is located right at the base of a large mountain that you head
straight towards.

Several years ago my father bought the track and now runs
it as Alaska Raceway Park.  http://akracewaypark.com/

Mike

----- Original
Message ----