[Land-speed] modified street cars & your old drag strip

Tom Shannon saltfevr at q.com
Mon Nov 3 15:46:08 MST 2008

Dick;

My old  AHRA Norwalk Dragway in Northern Ohio which had humble beginnings in
1963,as did most,was bought by Bill Bader Sr. in 1974. He ran a National IHRA
event and never looked back. Then Bill Bader Jr took over in 1998. And
recently its now an NHRA Premier Strip called "Summit Motorsports Park".Though
still owned by the Bader Family, sure don't look like the corn fileds I
remember, running my moms '66 Fairlane in pure stock automatic! LOL

Tom ShannonMagna, Utah> From: BWANA343 at aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:09:50
-0500> To: lsr_man at yahoo.com; land-speed at autox.team.net> Subject: Re:
[Land-speed] modified street cars & your old drag strip> > In a message dated
11/2/2008 11:11:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, > lsr_man at yahoo.com writes:> >
What about you guys? Whatever happened to your old hometown strips?> > DickJ>
> What a great thread idea , Dick !!! THANK YOU !!!> > Dover NY Drags out of
BIz I think late 60s, now a gravel pit, plowed up > strip> Long Island had
horrible 1/8 Islip, Garlits really screwed his back on the > super mogully
shut down, gone to condos. Also Westhampton, 1/4, changed names > to blahblah
Motorsports, I think still there but closed.> Connecticut Dragway shut down,
now car test site for Consumers Reports Mag. > Still got the NJ tracks, or way
up to Epping NH or Lebanon Valley, NY...> BDF or others on this list can
correct or enlarge on my memories.> BOBW> **************Plan your next getaway
with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot > 5 Travel Deals! >
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212416248x1200771803/aol?redir=http
://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001)>