[Land-speed] Automatic transmission clutch disc material

Ed Weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Tue May 6 12:42:24 MDT 2008

I have a question posed by my son, David, to help in designing a tool for
his company.  I suppose I should know this; but for too many years I've
avoided getting inside automatics.
"Is there a specific name for the paper "stacks" used in automatic
transmissions?  Apparently, today's trannys don't use it, but I know they
used to.  I am looking to get my hands on some of this stuff to act as a
friction material to drive oily glass."
Ed Weldon

More information about the Land-speed mailing list