[Land-speed] Honda Roadrace Motorcycle>From>JGMagoo

jgmagoo at comcast.net jgmagoo at comcast.net
Thu May 1 14:33:19 MDT 2008

I thought I remember that incredible road-racing Honda motorcycle as a 6-cylinder.  Ridden at the Isle Of Man by, I think, Mike Hailwood in the early to mid 1960's.

I remember a picture in a motorcycle magazine at the time, of a group of Honda engineers running it in the pits, all wearing 'ear-muffs'. The picture was taken from the rear showing 6, (3 on each side), open 'megaphone' exhaust pipes and a group of spectators standing around all holding their ears with a distinct grimace of pain showing on their faces!!   ;o)

As I was reading the article in the magazine, I was just thinking to myself what the bore and stroke must be, and then then I came to the part where it said it was 4-valves per cylinder!!  I tossed the magazine in the air and cracked-up laughing!  My wife looked at me like I was crazy.