[Land-speed] Torque Drop>From>JG Magoo

Skip Higginbotham saltrat at pahrump.com
Thu May 1 09:39:04 MDT 2008

Mike:
I think if you look at it a little closer, piston speed is a function
of RPM and the slow burning "flame front" of Nitro starts to get
behind the piston speed as RPM increases so we must add ignition
advance to keep the piston and the flame front in a more or less
ideal positional relationship. So it is both the slow burn rate and
the desire for higher RPM/power that drives the higher advance. Would
still like to know how much advance the F-1 engines use at 20k.
Skip