[Land-speed] Tuning Parameters for 302 / 5.0 L Ford

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Mar 27 08:20:19 MST 2008

Folks, I am trying to compare my tuning with what others have used
successfully. Just a par tof my yearly routine to get the World's
Fastest Sunbeam (wannabe) ready for the summer festivities on the salt
flats.

I am going to give the partiulars for my motor.  Please send me
information only for Ford 302 / 5.0L as that data for chevies, dodges,
or any other make does not help me at all! Just hit the delete button
and press on, please.

My motor:
306.11 CID
AFR 205cc heads (2.08 / 1.60 valves) 64 cc chamber
8.5:1 forged pistons
Turbocharged (but send any data for any kind of boosted motor, not NOS
though)

I am primarily interested in the spark and fuel maps you are using for
this kind of combo.  Include the boost level you are using, please.
Ditto for mechanical advance bwing used.

I will answer any and all responses and can even send my spark and fuel
maps for you viewing pleasure...

hurry... want to hit the dyno in april