[Land-speed] Fire suit?

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:42:12 MST 2008

I think that's the same stuff they used on Smash Lab. It's a
discovery show, similar in content to mythbusters. On one episode,
they designed a fire-proofing system for a house that used CarbonX
with a layer of heat resistant material called nanogel sewn into the
middle of it. It was amazing... you can actually watch the episode on
the discovery web site, but external tempuratures were over 2000
degrees, and the outside wall of the house (covered in the carbon/
nanogel mix) was under under 100. Until the frayed edges of their
carbon caught fire. I think if they would have had all the seams sewn
internally, the thing would have stood up to the fire.

~Jon