[Land-speed] new board if you want it?!

Elon saltfever at comcast.net
Sat Mar 15 17:24:42 MST 2008

Hi Folks:

I had belonged to other lists long before signing up for this list. What I
noticed right away was the relative lack of features or sophistication for
this list compared to the other lists I had belong to years earlier.  As
"Seldom" mentioned others are pretty slick with ease of tracking topics,
posting pics, spell checking, avatars, etc. They all had the look-and-feel
of a commercial product compared to the outdated bulletin-board feel of this
list.  However, the technical content, wisdom, and experience displayed
here, far overshadowed or diminished the triviality of format. When Jon's
site came along, it filled the need for a slicker interface and it was easy
for me to just accept and enjoy this list as it is.

What I don't understand is who started this list? I thought Keith approached
Mark about it? Who is Mark and what does he do? Why hasn't Mark updated its
features or functions to be more like the newer forums we see? And if Jon's
forum has a problematic future, why doesn't Mark just remanufacture this
list into a modern look & feel?  BTW, I have been on a bulletin board since
1982; what is the difference between a forum or a list?  Oh, so many
questions . . . sorry!   -Elon