[Land-speed] Fwd: : Head Sock vs Helmet Skirt...

Ed Van Scoy ed at vetteracing.com
Thu Mar 6 10:20:30 MST 2008

 -----Original Message-----
From: Ed Van Scoy [mailto:ed at vetteracing.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 6, 2008 10:15 AM
To: 'Keith Turk'
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Head Sock vs Helmet Skirt...

Mayf,
JD's solition will solve your problem, but let me add an "El Cheapo"solution:
Drill 1/4 inch holes in the face shield on the left and rightsides of the
plastic shield.....preferably at the top or bottom, justas long as it is out
of your field of vision. This is not totallyfoolproof, but the "vents" help.
Another way to cut down fog, while youare in line, take the helmet out of the
bag and let it warm up. In thesummer, don't let it get TOO hot, I just usually
keep my helmet in therace car on the seat. In cooler times, I put the helmet
on the roof andface the sun with the shield. When it is REAL cold (Elmo) when
I am inline, I put the helmet on the floor of the truck and run the
heater.Finally, it's still gonna fog up some, so put it on early, and let
yourbody (and breath) warm itwhile in line. Keep wiping away the fog....
Itwill stop eventually. I have tried anti-fog sprays, gels, etc. withlittle
help. Didn't mean to write a book here, but this is some of theroutine that
works for me.

Ed Van Scoy
#128 B/GT Corvette
SCTA-BNI/Gear Grinder