[Land-speed] Head Sock vs Helmet Skirt...

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Mar 6 09:19:21 MST 2008

Well, welcome back from where ever you were. Good to see you back on the
list.  As to JD, well, he has a history with me of trying to redesign my
car, me and everything in it. I'd have to ask, I guess, that you didn't
have a system like that in the Berk did you since you seem surprised
that this would work..  Have you ever looked at the Sunbeam?  I don't
remember. In any case I wasn't asking for a redesign or a design
solution and hoping for someone to save me.  I was asking a specific
question...for those people who have their eyeglasses fog up when
wearing the head sock under the helmet, was that cured that by wearing a
helmet with a skirt. The skirt is permitted by rule 3.A.1 so I was
interested in comments from those people.

Why is that so hard for list members to do?

Doug Odum asked about batteries and got lots of replies and some of them
good... in the spirit of the question I asked, I guess I could have told
him to add a trailer hitch and pull a generator around with him to power
the data logger. That's the caliber of response I got to the question I
asked.

So what gives? Are my requests too complicated? Do I need to spend  more
time detailing all the avenues I have explored before I ask the question?

I guess the best solution is for me to stop aking questions all together
since I hardly ever get a direct answer to what I ask. I always get some
redesign. Yeah, that's better

mayf