[Land-speed] Head Sock vs Helmet Skirt...

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Wed Mar 5 20:26:48 MST 2008

After my ill advised attempt to do something meaningful with regards to
bailout demos,  I thought long and hard about sending another request...
But here goes, this one is personal just for me. When I put the head
sock on, then the helmet then the eyeglasses and start steaming and
boiling inside the suit and car, my eyeglasses start getting fogged up.
That seems to be mostly because the head sock covers everything but my
eyes and when I breath in and out it fogs the lenses. Does this happen
to you (if you wear glasses)? Anybody that uses a helment skirt have the
glasses/lens fogging with that system?

Second part to the opera... I see in the current Summit catalog, that
add on helmet skirts are available and made from nomex and velcroed on.
Anybody tried this and gotten through tech with it? If so, what has to
be on the helmet/skirt to permit approval?

thank you for your attention...

mayf, the idiot redneck fool from pahrump