[Land-speed] alcohol

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Mon Mar 3 18:48:52 MST 2008

Some myths busted, First remember alky is lower in octane than a good racing
gasoline well actually performance number as there is no octane over 100.
Alky is around 102 and racing gasoline starts at around 108 and goes up from
there, So less timing is the smart move. Second you can not add fuel in
place of coolant for anything that is the minutes range. Next anything over
approximately 15 to 1 CR results in more pumping losses than HP gains. For a
non inter cooled supercharged engine alky is your best friend the latent
heat of vaporization fixes a lot of problems. Hope this helps..
Dave