[Land-speed] Too Quiet Out There

Tom Bryant saltracer at awwwsome.com
Mon Jun 9 09:12:26 MDT 2008

Hello fellow Addicts.

I am in an unusual situation, for me. The car is basically ready for
Speedweek, I am doing some upgrades, like a new rear belly pan and other
minor stuff. Also planning to make a new shade for the pits. Something that
attaches to the trailer, hopefully, resulting in less cargo weight.

>From the trip to the lakes, I found that I am going to have to gear for the
mid to upper 8000 rpm range to make it run. I don't like to turn it that
hard, but looking back I find that in 2003, on gasoline, we were running
8400 rpm in the last mile.

I has been unseasonably cool here for the last two or three weeks, but the
temp is moving back toward triple digits this week. Life is good, but
business isn't and will likely remain that way until we sort out who is
going to occupy the White House!

That's the story from Northern California!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of faint_grain.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of imstp_pets_cat1_en.gif]