[Land-speed] 2 or 4 post lift?

neil at dbelltech.com neil at dbelltech.com
Tue Jun 10 11:14:26 MDT 2008

I'd be interested in that, too. Elon.

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ

-----Original Message-----
From: land-speed-bounces+neil=dbelltech.com at autox.team.net
[mailto:land-speed-bounces+neil=dbelltech.com at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of
Elon
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 11:04 PM
To: land-speed submit
Subject: [Land-speed] 2 or 4 post lift?

Can folks give recommendations on different brands of garage/shop lifts. A
couple of years ago I talked to two reps at a car show each representing a
different brand. I can't remember the names but I was interested in the
latching (locking) mechanism , the design safety factor, and the way they
were certified or tested. It was discouraging. Neither rep new anything
about safety factor, or what I was talking about. One brand was not
certified by any organization and the other was certified by an independent
organization the company started! Talk about conflict of interest! That
brand was proud of their testing and had examples of overload failures and
some luke-warm information on the latch design. The other brand provided
anecdotal data on the latch safety but no engineering analysis. Anyway, that
was a few years ago and I was hoping things had changed.

If you have a lift could you indicate why you choose the style you have and
the brand name. Also, now that you have experience with it are there thing
you wish you had considered before buying?  Thanks in advance,  -Elon