[Land-speed] Too Quiet Out There

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 22:55:16 MDT 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 11:57 AM, <neil at dbelltech.com>
<neil at dbelltech.com> wrote:

> Where is everyone? It is quiet as a tomb lately. I've been cutting,
> grinding, and welding on my chassis but I do get a minute here and
> there to
> check e- mail.

Well, I just picked up a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Chassis, and am
now in the process of removing what few parts are left (from the
otherwise stripped chassis) and cleaning up for undercoating. After
that, I get to start pulling parts of my Eclipse GSX. When I'm done,
hopefully I'll have a nice All Wheel Drive convertible, that will go
really fast. It's already pretty quick, but I only got 40 miles on it
before the tranny lost 2nd gear, and most of those were just to get
it into some state of 'tune' (albeit, the butt dyno has been known to
lie) so I guess once it's all combined, It'll be back to tuning, and
hoping nothing else in the drivetrain breaks (at least until I get it
dialed in).

So, LOTS AND LOTS of screws, bolts, and nuts to be turned here.