[Land-speed] More Packard stuff

Rich Fox v4gr at rcn.com
Sun Jun 8 15:03:44 MDT 2008

Some guys gave me a 374 Packard V8 a while back. So this weekend I decided to
take it apart to use as a mockup for my Stude truck. Outside is very dirty.
Inside is very clean. There is a dent in the pan from the inside, but no sign
of why looking at the rods. The neat part is it has no oil pump. The vacum
pump line has been pluged. But no pump. It has what look like new .020
bearings that are seriously torn up. Crank needs work too. Good news is that I
have a NOS crank/rods and bearing set. No oil pump. How many beers does that
take?