[Land-speed] Too Quiet Out There

BWANA343 at aol.com BWANA343 at aol.com
Sun Jun 8 08:54:23 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/8/2008 12:41:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ifixmgs at cox.net writes:

Let's  see....

I just went through a week like that.
Washing machine rotted out the tub after a lousy 23 years, slow leak  enabled
me to move it out into the driveway. Hooked up the cold water line and
electric, and ran a pool hose for the drain down the drive.
Wifey don't see the humor, we ordered a new one.
Cable went out for TV, alternating calls to either get new box,  "adjustments
 from point of origin", and being on hold, the worst part. No  Speed TV till
Techie shows on Tuesday.
Little counter lights going out all over the kitchen, under the Nuker, over
sink Fluorescent, etc. PIA tracking down correct bulbs, transformers.
 Oh Yeah,

Due to all the restraints put on us by Maine Wildlife, Insurance, other LSR
events, weather, and the general fear of commitment by volunteers to a new
site,  it appears our Maine LSR project is terminal, at least for this year.
I am currently trying to contact North East SCCA people to see if there's
interest in a partnership between LSR and Solo 1 or 2 at our distant venue. I
will next try organizing Marque car clubs for group Time Trials, i.e.,
Corvette,  Viper, BMW, Porch. Sounds like more money with the super cars, too. More
inclined to travel to The End of The World, Maine.
BOB W

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.