[Land-speed] Algae Biodiesel

Adin, David DavidAdin at mercydurango.org
Thu Jul 31 09:42:06 MDT 2008

One can dance around VIN and tax issues - emissions seems to be the
serious issue.

WE (here in zip code EIEIO) do a lot of "creative" registrations . .
.BUT we have no emissions standards.

David, somewhere in the west
No taxation without intelligent life making the laws!

I have been toying with the idea to build something like a Lola T70
replica
but use some slippery body style rather than a t bucket. I need to
figure
out at what time it goes from being a hand built car to a custom or
modified
one in CT as the registration process is vastly different. If you don't
have
a VIN number to start with it has to be trailered to a special
inspection
station for their evaluation possibly several times and I don't own a
truck
and trailer... I am thinking along the lines of a Honda B-18 engine with
the
variable cam timing and a rear engine car that comes in around 1800 lbs
if
done right. I was also thinking about using the plastic panels off a
Fiero
or something similar to get into 1980's emissions though that might
require
using the Fiero engine which is ok on fuel but not great. An ecotech 4
cylinder might have some possibilities as well. I don't want to have to
meet
2008 emissions though..
Dave