[Land-speed] no new Refineries

Jim Auguston jauguston at msn.com
Tue Jul 22 14:21:03 MDT 2008

My point in posting what I did was to address the specific statement that you
hear over and over that there haven't been any new refineries built for (fill
in a number) years. By the slimmest of margins that statement can be said to
be true. The problem is the statement is used for political purposes and is
pretty much meaningless when you understand the amount of increased capacity
that is continuously being built in all the plants around the country. It is
far easier to increase capacity in existing plants than it is to build a new
plant from the ground up.