[Land-speed] No new Refineries

Jim Auguston jauguston at msn.com
Tue Jul 22 11:23:12 MDT 2008

I am a lurker here but I have to comment on the often said story that there
haven't been any new refineries built for (fill in a number) years.

I worked as a construction crane operator for 40+ years and spent a lot of
those years working in the four refineries here in Northwest Washington.

Each of those refineries are refining approximately four times the number of
barrels of crude oil per day as they did when they were built. There is the
equivalent of 12 new refineries inside those four. Not new locations-true-but
new refining capacity.

Jim