[Land-speed] rental cars

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Mon Jul 21 16:55:37 MDT 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 5:42 PM, Greg Meyers wrote:

Let's suppose that one wanted to rent a car in Salt Lake City and
drive it
on the salt back and forth to the pits during speed week....
Are any rental cars available these days that will not report GPS
coordinates back to the company, letting them know that you have been
"off-road"?

Thanks
Greg
Salt2Salt racing team

Yes, sort of.  That is, rent from Rent a Wreck in SLC.  They don't
mind if their rentals go on the salt, although they do ask you to take
the worst of it off before you turn the car in.  However -- I've heard
that they're just about sold out for SpeedWeek, so call now if that's
when you're thinking of renting.  Anyway -- Tony, the manager, races
at Bonneville and understands our needs and wants.

Regards,

      Jon Wennerberg
Tall guy with moustache
and a pair of 2 Club hats