[Land-speed] SaltTalks ?

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Fri Jul 18 13:05:57 MDT 2008

On Jul 18, 2008, at 2:37 PM, drmayf wrote:

Ok, Salt Talks are on Sunday the 17th.  You are going to miss a lot
of people I suspect. That's first day for inspection etc.   Oh, I
need a coupl eor three 3 x size shirts and a couple large. Got any?

mayf

May, and all:

I think we've got five 3XL and 10 2XL on order -- as well as a batch
of XL and L.  I wonder if I should ask for a couple or three extra
more of the 3XL...

As for missing some folks -- well, maybe -- but we hope not.  We were
forced to experiment, what with the new dates for the event and tech
and such.  Wednesday is still the 2 Club dinner, and Thursday is the
Volunteer's dinner, and Tuesday is something else, and so we were
left with Sunday or Monday.  We chose Sunday partly because we know
for sure that we won't be in impound and looking forward to getting
up really early after a long evening of festivities at Salt Talks.
I've been publicizing the date for a few months -- and the worst
that'll happen is that we do, indeed, miss enough folks (because of
the date) that we'll try something different next time.  After all --
it is a picnic for the fun of it - rather than an officially-
sanctioned event.  We hope you'll (all) be able to be there.

Back to shirts -- I'll try once again to keep a list of shirts that
are "reserved".  Such a list hasn't worked out too well in the past
because it gets ignored - by whomever is selling the shirts at the
party (not knowing that there is a list, that is) -- but I'll try
once again.  Mayf wants 2 or is it 3 of the 3XL, and 2 of the L.
Anybody else?  I know Pork Pie want some -- will have to look back
and see how many of what size.  And - We've only ordered about 100
this year.  We'll get more coming if I have enough demand for them
ahead of time, so feel free to place your orders now.  Don't forget
to get 'em, though -- I don't need too much unsold inventory lying
about the place.

Later -

Jon , tall guy with moustache
and two 200 MPH Club hats