[Land-speed] Blank Timing Tags on E-Bay

James Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 09:33:50 MDT 2008

This was being handled as diplimatically as possible under the circumstances. Roy has done this before sucessfully and is doing a fantastic job with an incident like this. I'm afarid I could never be like this.

In the old days it was very time consuming to do by hand and even the stamping machine took time. With all that said, in my opinion none of the tags ever belong to the person dioing the work. At times I have over 2000 in my office and they are not mine. They belong to the SCTA. They belong to the competitors after they are completed and awarded. I do about 1400 tags a year a far cry from the 50's. When I give up this job someday the remaining tags will go to my sucsessor and hopefully they will have the same feeling concerning the responsability this job intails. I hope the prior folks doing this job have not kept any of the "stock" either. This is also why we will not remake timing tags for just anyone asking. It'd great that you may have puchased a old race car with a history but don't expect to get a duplicate timing tag because you won't....JD