[Land-speed] Gasket Material SOurces..

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Sat Jan 19 19:15:26 MST 2008

Thanks, guys, I have enough sources now.  The off  thought comment I
made about using dead soft aluminum also seemd to resonate with a flock
of you. Mostly the thought that my turbo was gonna cause the temps in
the header pipes to reach some extreme levels and then the gaskets would
go away. While my engineering side says nah won't happen, I will take
the advice and not do it. I think I have already experienced the extreme
temp level, lol. Last August as a matter of fact. I turned a whole set
of stainless steel exhaust valves blue.  Also blew out the header flange
gaskets at the same time. So I had lots of temps and lots of pressure in
the headers.

Again, many thanks for the comments and advice! I do appreciate it.