[Land-speed] Gasket Materials...

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Sat Jan 19 10:11:40 MST 2008

Doc
See if you can find a Ford application for Ford 5.0L that used gaskets, or
if svo has a reasonable one.
I don't know about the v8, but in the 80's we did a gasket for the 2.3 when
it was in Aerostar,.  The engine had a tubular exhaust manifold. (weight
savings, not perf.) and needed a gasket.
The gasket we did actually had a ss bore grommet at the port.  It would work
well I think for a turbo application.
As for me, down the line when I go back to the boosted engine, Helicoflex is
going to do a metallic "O" ring to fit the square Esslinger port.
Before inventing, see if you can buy it for reasonable money.

Rick